ISO 5659 Assembly Tester, Modified apparatus by ISO 5660 & ASTM E 662, High-Temperature Simulation Tester, KS M ISO 5659-1, KS M ISO 5659-2, ISO 5659-1 , ISO 5659-2
FESTEC’s ISO 5659 is to measure and observe shape of test specimen by radiation heat of Conical Heater, and measures ignition time and mass loss rate.
FESTEC’s ISO 5659 Assembly Tester is an optimal equipment for measuring and observing ignition time and mass loss rate of test specimen as well as shape of test specimen by radiation heat in the chamber with a given volume(914㎜×610㎜×914㎜). In this tester, static smoke is generated in the chamber as the level test specimen with the surface receives radiation heat (10 ~ 70 kW/m2).
FESTEC’s ISO 5659 Assembly Tester fully complies with international and domestic standards such as ISO 5659, KS M ISO 5659, etc. Currently, this test method is used in the domestic interior materials for railroad, low-power flame retardant cables, interior films, etc. and is also applicable to the fire-proofing performance test of missile launcher. It is expected that this test method will be increasingly applicable to more products.
All test results are accurately collected by DAQ program in Analysis Rack on the right and test result sheet per the desired standard will be automatically reported.
• KS M ISO 5659-1: Plastics – Smoke Generation Part 1: Guidance on optical density test
• KS M ISO 5659-2: Plastics – Smoke Generation Part 2: Determination of optical density by a single-chamber test
• ISO 5659-1: Plastics-Smoke generation-Part 1: Guidance on optical-density testing
• ISO 5659-2: Plastics-Smoke generation-Part 2: Determination of optical density by a single-chamber test
① Vent & Fan: Device for releasing combustion gases after test
② Silicone Duct: Duct for releasing combustion gases
③ Conical Heater: Conical Heater for releasing 10 ~ 70 kW/m2 of radiation heat
④ Shield Shutter: Shutter for blocking radiation heat before test
⑤ Heat Fluxmeter Port: Port for placing Heat Fluxmeter in the center of Conical Heater
⑥ Pilot Flame: Flame allowing ignition of test specimen by combustion gases
⑦ Specimen Holder: Holder for fixing 75 × 75 mm of test specimen
⑧ Load Cell Support: Support for placing specimen in the center of Heater at an interval of 23mm
⑨ Load Cell: Load Cell for measuring mass loss rate of test specimen
⑩ Portable water Cooling System Power Port
: Power supply port of portable water cooling system for cooling water of Heat Fluxmeter
⑪ Conical Heater Temperature Controller
: Temperature controller for adjusting temperature of Conical Heater
⑫ Chamber Heater Temperature Controller
: Temperature controller for keeping the temperature of the inside of Chamber at 34 ± 2 ℃
⑬ Data Acquisition Program & PC
: Program and PC for determining ignition time and mass loss rate of test specimen using Remote Controller as well as radiation heat (10 ~ 70 kW/m2) using Heat Fluxmeter
* Glass Window attached to Door was made in reinforced glass and is to observe conditions of test specimen during test.
550(w) × 400(D) × 1,024(H)
220 V AC, 60 Hz, 10 A
Propane Gas with Regulator, Compressed Air with regulator
All-in-one Body and 19” Analysis rack
• 17” Touch screen panel type PC for all controls and automatic test
• Test chamber treated with Teflon Coating for easy cleaning and chemical-resistance
• Locks designed for closing the Chamber door at once
• Chamber pretreatment device for accurate and easy testing
• 4 ports for measuring toxic gases
• MFC (Mass Flow Controller) for automatically supplying gas and air flow in the Flaming Mode Test
• Portable water cooling system with no need of water piping work in using Heat Fluxmeter.
• Load Cell with improved accuracy for measuring mass loss rate in ISO 5659 Test
• PID Temperature Controller with easy temperature control of Conical Heater
• ISO 5659 DAQ(Data Acquisition) Program controlled by Touch screen panel PC
* All the aforesaid configurations were designed to fully comply with general requirements of Standards.